Privacy Notice to Grunty Fennery Customers.
Your Personal Data:
What we need
Grunty Fennery will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us when you place an order or request to join our mailing list. This will include name, address, email, phone number, etc. and is provided directly from you or indirectly via Paypal.
Why we need it
Our lawful bases for collecting your data are ‘contract’, ‘legitimate interest’ and ‘consent’ which means that we treat your order as a contract so we need to collect your data to fulfil the contract.
We need to know your basic personal data in order to deliver the items you order and communicate with you should any problems arise. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
We do sometimes email newsletters and marketing information to customers but this service is optional and by default you will not receive extra emails from us. If you would like to receive the newsletter please email email@example.com.
What we do with it
All the personal data we collect is processed in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information may be located outside of the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
How long we keep it
If you place an order will keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) indefinitely - for a minimum of 6 years after which time it may be destroyed.
If you contact us but without placing an order we will keep a record of that contact thus :
· Information provided when creating an account on our website (including a name, email address and/or postal address): 2 years
· Information provided for subscribing to email notifications and/or newsletters (including a name and email address): Indefinitely or until you choose to ‘unsubscribe’
· Information posted to our website for publication on the internet (for example product reviews): 5 years after post
· Information sent through the website “Contact us” function OR emailed to any dennisofgruntyfen.co.uk email address: 2 years following contact
· Any other personal information chosen to be sent e.g. letter post or hand-delivered notes: 2 years following contact
What we would also like to do with it
We perform no other processing of your data other than required to fulfill your order or maintain our list of subscribers to our newsletter. Your data will not be passed on to a third party.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to:
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to investigate at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Privacy notice to customers of Grunty Fennery v1 - April 2018